Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Ps. 24:9

Fling wide the portals of your heart,
Make it a temple set apart
From earthly use for Heaven's employ,
Adorned with prayer, and love, and joy.
So shall your Sovereign enter in,
And new and nobler life begin.
---G. Weissel


 Love these readings/poems or whatever they are called. I have an old book called "Daily Strength for Daily Needs" that I found at a garage sale many years ago and I have gotten so much comfort from its daily readings. The earliest copyright on it is from 1884 and the latest is 1928 by Mary Wilder Tileston. I have found that the Lord has a way of giving me help whenever I need it and this is a great and wonderful gift I was given!

No comments:

Post a Comment